Home Learning Resources
In response to the need for schools to close either fully or partially during the national pandemic, the school has developed a remote learning policy to enable learning to continue for all of the children.
Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School
Remote Education Policy aims to:
- Outline the school’s approach to educating pupils who will not be attending school, as a result of government guidance or the closure of a class bubble.
- Make clear our expectations of staff who are self-isolating but healthy and able to continue planning, teaching, and assessing pupils’ work.
- Ensure that remote education is offered as soon as it becomes necessary.
- Ensure consistency in the approach to remote learning for all pupils, including those with SEND, who aren’t in school through the use of quality online and offline resources.
- Provide clear expectations to members of the school community with regards to delivering high-quality interactive remote learning.
- Include continuous delivery of the school’s broad curriculum, as well as the support of pupils’ well-being.
- Ensure that pupils learn new facts and concepts, as well as reinforce prior learning.
- Ensure that pupils engage in learning they would have completed had they been in school as normal.
- Ensure that online tools are used to enable appropriate interaction with pupils, the assessment of their work, and the provision of feedback.
- Provide training for staff about the appropriate use of online platforms so that pupils & staff are effectively safeguarded & that data protection guidelines are adhered to.
- Support effective communication between the school and families so that parents and pupils can access and make the best use of resources.
- Ensure that pupils who lack any necessary equipment have this sourced for them where possible.
The above is an extract from the full policy for Remote Learning.
All current remote learning if necessary is provided via the TEAMs platform or in paper form as requested and is not currently uploaded to the website.